Things I Didn't Know I Loved*

* If you are a dreamer, come in.
If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar,
A hope-er, a pray-er, a magic bean buyer...
If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire
For we have some flax-golden tales to spin.
Come in! Come in!

(Shel Silverstein)

April 25, 2006

 

Shedding


I've been thinking a lot about shedding lately. Spring is here and with it all that rebirth malarkey.
So many things I want to let go of, want to ease off my shoulders. I've been wriggling for ages - but half-heartedly, and so it clings back on. Yesterday I took proper hold, and began to slough all that dead weight off. I feel lighter already.

This post is also inspired by rockslinga's wriggling. Happy shedding to you all!


Shedding Skin

' Pulling out of the old scarred skin
(old rough thing I don't need now
I strip off
slip out of
leave behind)


I slough off deadscales
flick skinflakes to the ground


Shedding toughness
peeling layers down
to vulnerable stuff


And I'm blinking off old eyelids
for a new way of seeing
By the rock I rub against
I'm going to be tender again '



Haryette Mullen


Comments:
cryptic, as usual.
 
I'm waiting to read YOUR stuff
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   August 2006   September 2006   March 2007   April 2007   December 2009  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?